PBC Jolt uses third-party comment moderation software provided by Thrive
It’s easy to sign up and comment on PBC Jolt with Thrive Comments. Readers can comment by registering and creating an account with either Facebook, Google, Twitter, or your email address.
Scroll down to the comment section of any post, and you’ll be able to register.
All comments are either moderated by PBC Jolt employees or volunteer moderators selected by us.
The following are the kinds of comments that are not allowed on our site and may be subject to removal or having your account permanently banned from commenting:
- Attacks or insults directed at other commenters, the post author, or other journalists
- Any form of harassment toward other commenters
- Inappropriate language, including swearing and related attempts to bypass automatic filters of banned words and phrases, lewdness, insults or crude terms for body parts, bodily functions or physical acts, racism, and any other isms we deem inappropriate.
- Juvenile comments or extensive use of text message type spelling
- Comments that are written in all or mostly caps.
- Spam-type links or self-promotion (Comments linking to other websites are subject to review and could be deleted.)
- Inappropriate avatars or images
- Comments over approximately 225 words
- Any other behavior deemed inappropriate.
We’re committed to providing our readers a safe space where they won’t get banned for their opinions, so we’ll extend a fair amount of leeway in some cases, but our sympathy only extends to those who comment with civility and act responsibly.
We at PBCJolt.com are grateful for our readership and continued online community involvement, and we’re happy that so many people who love our country can come together and discuss politics on our site.
President, PBC Jolt